Predictably, it has ruffled quite a few feathers and raised many, many questions:
1. Is it too soon?
2. Does he really deserve it?
3. Would Alfred Nobel have made the same decision? Would he be reasonably happy with this one? Has the panel made the correct decision? Or have they been influenced?
4. Is it a political move - a tantalizing bait?
5. Is this just a manifestation of the European awe of a very different American President?
6. Does this move have anything to do with popularity?
7. Is everybody being too harsh?
8. The biggest contention - Would it have been appropriate if Obama had turned the Nobel down?