It's almost midnight, and this post is a result of a show I just watched on T.V. - Dance India Dance.
Amitabh Bacchan was the guest of honor.
My chief points are:
- Hindi is a brilliant, evocative and an astonishingly warm language. WE are killing it. We should be ashamed. Of the killing, not the language.
- BigB is...something else. His personality is almost larger than life. He literally fills the screen, if you get what I mean.
Both the points are related of course. As is everything in this transient world.
I realized our cold-blooded attitude towards our own mother tongue when Mr. Bacchan started speaking. I mean, he speaks the language so well, he gives it a new dimension altogether. It's a pleasure hearing him speak.
We should be ashamed of ourselves for treating our heritage so despicably. Hiding behind a self constructed facade of counterfeit cool. Not done. Actually, here is where I should admit that I'm actually quite incapable of doing justice to Hindi but there is no excuse for deriding it. None at all. Not for any of you.
Continuing the good news roller coaster:
- Balu got an offer from U Penn!
- I got an offer from U Birmingham
- Maggie got an offer from U Leeds (So, no points for guessing which one I'll be accepting)
And what's up with you guys?! Wake up!
Remember when our blogs used to be fun?? When we hosted random chat sites.
VNIT prisoners seemed to have incinerated themselves.
Not done. No way!!!
Best of Luck for your Board Exams. I know this is no use, you are doomed anyway. I just hope you live to tell the tale.
Kick Mighty Bum.